Wortley Golf Club is a private members club established in 1894 with a fully inclusive philosophy. We have a superb course for you as a member to enjoy and to take pride in. Our club house is cosy and welcoming with a well stocked bar and excellent food.
Excellent Course Management - Our Course Manager, Kerran Daly, is a Master Green Keeper with extensive experience in golf course management and maintenance. Kerran joined us in 2011 with the objective of improving the golf course which already has an excellent reputation for its beautiful and peaceful setting, fast undulating greens, and good putting surfaces.
Low Membership - The number of members is capped at the lowest membership level in the area, ensuring generally unhindered access to the tee. Booking a tee time is not necessary for members other than for certain competition days.
< We are currently offering Full Memberships that will not require a joining fee. > Please call Carol on 0114 2886497 Option 4 or fill out the application form on the right and we will get in touch.
We have 5 membership categories as follows: -
1. Full Member - applicable to gents and ladies 24 years of age and older. Members enjoy a full programme of Mens, Ladies, Seniors and Mixed competitive golf which includes internal and interclub competitions including Sheffield Union League Matches and Lawrence Batley Seniors League matches. We also hold several interclub friendly matches for all member categories plus there are regular daily "fiddles" or "roll-ups" to help you to quickly get to know your fellow golfers.
To encourage younger members to join we offer discounted fees between the ages of 23 and 31 but you still enjoy the benefits of full membership.
2. Five Day Member - as above but only able to play Monday to Friday and in mid week competitions and team matches.
3. Young Adult Member - for anyone over the age of 18 and under 24 qualifies. There is no joining fee and there is a significant discount from the full member fee. Ask about our additional discounts for Young Adults in full time education
4. Junior Member - for boys and girls 12 to 18 years of age. Junior coaching is available along with a full programme of individual and team events. Fees are dependant on age with no joining fee. Rates have been reduced for 2013 so please call or e-mail Carol at the address below for details. We also have a Cadet category available for boys and girls under 12 where fees are very modest and again no Joining fee.
5. Social Member - For a modest fee enjoy the use of the club house, join in our many Social Events including the very popular Quiz Nights and the Bridge Club.
All subscriptions can be paid by monthly direct debit if required.
Benefits of being a member (does not include Social Membership unless stated)
- All year round access to one of the best golf courses in South Yorkshire.
- Sign in guests for a fee of only £15 midweek/£18 weekend. (restrictions apply)
- Full Competition Calendar with details supplied in a free club diary (includes Social)
- Access to an official CONGU Handicap
- Practice area with coaching available from Richard Crawshaw our Professional.
- Excellent club house facilities, including a Members Bar Card offering 20% discount from our published bar prices (includes Social)
- Dining/Function Room available to members and their guests (includes Social)
- Affiliation to the Sheffield Union of Golf Clubs, Yorkshire Golf Union and England Golf all of which have specific benefits to golf club members
- Enjoy discounted green fees at over 1100 English Golf Clubs through the Yorkshire County Card Scheme.
- England Golf Club Member Handicap and Benefit Card available from www.englandgolf.org
- A fully functioning website with Members Area to keep members fully informed of the latest news and updates to the club calendar (includes Social)
- And much more....not least the friendship and fellowship of the members.